To Prepare for Ophelia
- Please remove all outdoor furniture and BBQ’s to sheds or indoors or secure these tightly in your garden.
- Prepare a pack to include torches, batteries , candles & lighters, portable chargers for devices, first aid kit ,water and non perishable foods along with blankets in case the electricity and heating goes.
- Charge all devices and switch to low battery mode and charge any portable chargers.
- If possible park your car in a clear area and not under a tree to avoid damage.
- Avoid all unnecessary journeys, if you must travel by car please slow down
and watch out for high sided vehicles and vulnerable pedestrians.
After the storm:
- Please be careful at all times, only leave your home if it is safe to do so as roof tiles may have come loose on your property , there may also be debris from fallen trees.
- Please take photos of any damaged goods and keep a list of these items. If your house is flooded, please move as many personal items and furniture upstairs if you live in a two-storey building.